This page is for the refugees from Ukraine looking for temporary accommodation AND for those who would like to donate their accommodation temporarily to the refugees from Ukraine.
Need temporary accommodation?
- Fill out this form to get a temporary accommodation.
- Read about how the government of Canada helps the Ukrainians impacted by the war: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/ukraine-measures.html
- Use the links below to help find shelter for Ukrainian refugees in Canada and worldwide:
- Contact us to inquire about the accommodation that our community has volunteered to share with the refugees from Ukraine: UkraineSupport@stvlads.com
Ready to host a Ukrainian refugee family?
- The Canadian host is expected to:
- settle a refugee family for free during the period of time the host has initially commited to;
- meet the refugee family and transport them to the place of their accommodation;
- provide one or two rooms (depending on the host's situation, but in accordance with or exceeding the refugee family's minimal needs);
- share the accommodation that is healthy (free of odours, moss, etc.), tidy, and clean of pests (e.g. rodents, bedbugs, etc.);
- ensure a dedicated or easisly accessible (any time) washroom;
- give access to a sufficiently equiped kitchen to cook their own meals during reasonable periods and at reasonable time during the day;
- be prepared to provide additional support with meals, if necessary;
- sign our volunteer release and waiver of liability form (provided by our volunteers);
- present a “clean” police check.
- If you want to donate accommodation to Ukrainian refugees, please, fill out the form below:
The Ukrainian Humanitarian Aid Committee of the St. Vladimir's Orthodox Sobor and our partners do not assume any financial responsiblity or liability in connection with the support we are providing or the outcome of such support. The Committee's objective is solely to help coordinate the efforts to help support the refugees arriving from Ukraine to our community. The information we collect and process as a part of this initiative is handled in accordance with the Committee's Personal Information Protection Policy.
Кожен запит розглядається окремо, з урахуванням різних обставин і за наявності житла від наших волонтерів-господарів. Безкоштовне тимчасове житло дуже обмежене і не надається урядом, тому наш пріоритет - жінки із дітьми.